Fly Fishing Club Page
Donations for Club Fundraisers
We have a standard auction item that we offer to all fly fishing clubs for their annual fundraisers.
It's a reduced-price special for Eagle Canyon Trophy Trout Lakes.
The winning bidder can bring 3 to 5 anglers for just $100 each.
That's a savings of $200-250 depending on the size of the group.
The winner can also add a day of guided fishing on the Lower Sac or Trinity Rivers at the discounted rate of $391.50 per boat.
You can download a flier and certificate
for the winner by following the links.
Please notify us prior to your fundraiser if you would like to take advantage of this donation.
Discounts for Fly Club Outings
We offer a 10% discount on Fly Club outings to the Lower Sac and Fall River.
There is a 3-boat minimum per day to receive the discount.
The discount does not apply to jet boat trips on the Lower Sac.
Payment must be made by check.
For more information, please contact us
Fly Club Presentations
Andrew Harris and Dax Messett are regulars on the fly fishing club speaker circuit. We would love to come and speak to your club. Here is a list of our current presentation topics.
• Pit River: Andrew has hundreds of Pit River guide trips under his belt.
This remote freestone river is one of the state's most productive trout fisheries.
Andrew's presentation covers the river from its source to its confluence with Lake Shasta.
Andrew also discusses how the river has changed as a result of the Federal Hydroelectric Relicensing Process.
• The Lower Sac without a Bobber: Believe it or not, you can catch fish on the Lower Sac on a variety of techniques that do not involve a big bobber and a ton of lead. Andrew's presentation covers dry fly, dry/dropper, streamer, swing, spey and tight-line nymphing techiques plus wading access points for this prolific trout fishery.
• Spey Rods for California Steelhead: Spey rods are great tools for catching steelhead in our larger California rivers. In his presentation Andrew discusses the water types that are best for spey rods, appropriate rod and line weights and flies, and how to rig your spey rod. He also highlights some of the better spey rivers in California in his presentation.
• California Heritage Trout: California is home to eleven populations of Heritage Trout. In his presentation Andrew discusses the various subspecies, where to catch them (roughly), measures taken to protect them, and what makes each population unique.
• Feather River Country: This presentation features the best fisheries in the Feather River Country, including the North and Middle Forks of the Feather River and the steelhead fishing on the Lower Feather River.
• Redding Area Fisheries: Most of California´s best trout fisheries can be found within an hour´s drive of the city of Redding.
Andrew's presentation focuses on the Upper and Lower Sacramento River, the McCloud River, the Pit River, Hat Creek, Fall River, and the Trinity River.
• Fall River: Andrew's main guide destination during the summer months is Fall River in northeastern California. Fall River is one of the country's best spring creeks.
It has consistent hatches, big fish, and cold, clear water.
Andrew's presentation covers public access, hatches, and spring creek techniques for Fall River.
• Spey Rivers - The Bucket List: This program focuses on the
finest spey rivers in the world. Beautiful photos and
information on the best spey rivers in the Pacific Northwest
• Year of the Nomad Angler: Follow Dax through a single
calendar year to experience the most compelling angling the
planet has to offer each month of the year. Fun stories and
superb photography of destinations that include New Zealand,
Mexico, Canada, Alaska, Honduras, the Bahamas, and the
• Zen and the Art of Spey Casting: An entertaining and
instructional presentation that discusses the true nature of
speycasting and swing angling. A beginner or expert will learn
something from this presentation, as well as have a laugh or